Friday 30 January 2009

Jezreel - the gardened Vine of God

I'm working on this...
shan't explain it now
but if anyone guesses what this is about I could use all the help! =)


Hosea 1:4-5 4 And the LORD said to him, "Call his name Jezreel, for in just a little while I will punish the house of Jehu for the blood of Jezreel, and I will put an end to the kingdom of the house of Israel. 5 And on that day I will break the bow of Israel in the Valley of Jezreel."

Hosea 2:21-23 1 "And in that day I will answer, declares the LORD, I will answer the heavens, and they shall answer the earth, 22 and the earth shall answer the grain, the wine, and the oil, and they shall answer Jezreel, 23 and I will sow her for myself in the land. And I will have mercy on No Mercy, and I will say to Not My People, 'You are my people'; and he shall say, 'You are my God.'"

Hosea 4:1-3 Hear the word of the LORD, O children of Israel, for the LORD has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land. There is no faithfulness or steadfast love, and no knowledge of God in the land; 2 there is swearing, lying, murder, stealing, and committing adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed. 3 Therefore the land mourns, and all who dwell in it languish, and also the beasts of the field and the birds of the heavens, and even the fish of the sea are taken away.

Hosea 5:10 10 The princes of Judah have become like those who move the landmark; upon them I will pour out my wrath like water.

Hosea 6:3 3 Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth."

Hosea 8:8 8 Israel is swallowed up; already they are among the nations as a useless vessel.

Hosea 9:10 10 Like grapes in the wilderness, I found Israel.

Hosea 10:1 Israel is a luxuriant vine that yields its fruit. The more his fruit increased, the more altars he built; as his country improved, he improved his pillars.

Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

Hosea 12:13 By a prophet the LORD brought Israel up from Egypt, and by a prophet he was guarded.

Hosea 13:14 14 Shall I ransom them from the power of Sheol? Shall I redeem them from Death? O Death, where are your plagues? O Sheol, where is your sting? Compassion is hidden from my eyes.

Hosea 14:5-7 5 I will be like the dew to Israel; he shall blossom like the lily; he shall take root like the trees of Lebanon; 6 his shoots shall spread out; his beauty shall be like the olive, and his fragrance like Lebanon. 7 They shall return and dwell beneath my(1 )shadow; they shall flourish like the grain; they shall blossom like the vine; their fame shall be like the wine of Lebanon.

Hosea 14:8 8 O Ephraim, what have I to do with idols? It is I who answer and look after you.(1 )I am like an evergreen cypress; from me comes your fruit.

1 comment:

thesentone said...

hello!
this is interesting! jezreel = JC?