Thursday 5 March 2009

More thoughts from a baby...

Matthew 25:23 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

It has always been a wonder to me how Jesus can applaud all our pathetic efforts in serving Him - but yet He does, from the least to the greatest servant, as long as we are faithful in the smallest capacity

Looking at my son, I can see how this happens..
sure he does not do much at all, but at the least of accomplishments, his daddy is proud
every smile, every crawl-movement, even waking up at the right times
how the Father can look and say, "I'm not even paying attention to your incapacities, your inefficiencies, your uselessness. Yet I'm exceedingly proud of what you have accomplished! Well done you for whatever it is you've done in the Light!"

Luke 7:9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel."

of course knowing that - He also does not see any accomplishments done in the old flesh.

No comments: