Sunday 19 June 2011

How do we view ourselves?

We are not our gifts - they can be given  & taken away

We are not our job / work / activity - these can change and also be given and taken away

We are Sons of God pre-destined in Christ to be conformed into His image

therefore - all my work, if done according to the call of God - is how God ministers to me and through me to make me and others like Christ

all my gifts both given and taken away are the same

I am defined solely by my relationship with my Father through Jesus
and it is the giving and taking away, the vocating and re-vocating that will make that a reality in my experience

in all things God is teaching me, drawing me to Him -
John 6:29  "This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent."

none of the gifts/ work /activities - have intrinsic value in themselves other than the Father's use of them for us through Jesus - through His Holy Spirit
when we remove the Spiritual aspect of these materials./gifts./ activities - it is to kill them - make them tools of death alone

No comments: